My fees are as follows:
- Initial assessment $165
- Individual Therapy Session: $150
- Couples Therapy Session: $150
I accept BCBS PPO and Blue Choice PPO.
I understand that one of the main obstacles to receiving professional support can often be financial, and I am willing to do what I can to ensure that you are able to receive the help that you need. If you have a benefit for Out-of-Network providers, I am happy to provide you with a monthly superbill so that you can file for possible reimbursement.
If you choose to utilize your insurance and seek reimbursement for your Out-of-Network benefits, I encourage you to contact your insurance company prior to your first session and ask the following questions:
- Do I have mental health coverage?
- What percentage of my bill will be covered for services obtained by an Out-of-Network Provider?
- How many sessions will be covered per calendar year?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
At the time of your appointment, I will come get you from the waiting room. There will be a few minutes of gathering information about you (mailing address, insurance information, etc.) and signing a few forms (HIPPA, informed consent, policies and procedures). However, the bulk of the time will be spent talking about what brought you in for counseling. I will ask questions to better ascertain the situation or struggle you are currently experiencing. I will also provide you with my background and allow time for any questions you may have. This is also a time to determine how comfortable you feel and if this is a “good fit”. The best predictor to a successful therapy experience is the relationship between therapist and client. By the end of the first session, if we both choose to continue the therapy process, we will discuss treatment goals and come up with a “game plan”.
Illinois law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
Clients usually come to therapy once per week for a 50-minute session. Depending on the nature of the client’s presenting problems, therapy can last from several weeks to several months. We will continually work together to assess your progress and determine the length of your treatment based on your progress, time constraints and my clinical professional recommendation. Weekly sessions for six months to a year is considered average, but you may need more or less depending on the specific issues you wish to address in therapy. Many people stay in therapy for many years to get to the root of lifelong issues or as a means of continued personal growth. When progress occurs, clients may move into bi-weekly appointments or even just monthly or quarterly “tune-ups”.
Please provide 24 hour notice. Otherwise, the client is responsible for the full fee if less than 24 hours.
No. However, I do refer and collaborate with psychiatrists in Chicago and in the suburbs and can work with you and the doctor as a team to help you feel your best.